Reawakened & Reimagined
Welcome to the reawakening of Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs and Resort. We are delighted to host you in this historic moment following an extraordinarily challenging period; enduring both a pandemic and devastating fire in 2020. Thankfully our team is resilient, much like the legendary mineral waters we steward. We invite you to join us during this phased re-opening for lodging, dining, day soaking and limited spa services. Our team is working hard to revitalize these sacred spaces and fully re-open our newly appointed historic bathhouse, spa and main bathhouse. You’ll soon discover more quiet hangouts, expanded soaking experiences, and improved changing rooms. These exciting enhancements deliver an elevated experience while preserving the legacy and essence of Ojo Caliente.
We remain steadfast in our intent to preserve the rugged, natural beauty of this property. For this reason, we have taken painstaking care with our design aesthetic by selecting materials that align with Northern New Mexico’s iconic landscape. You’ll be delighted by the warm, inviting spaces that pay homage to our celebrated history, such as reclaimed stones salvaged from the original bathhouse built in 1868.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for being with us during this momentous occasion.
– The Ojo Caliente Team –
History Preserved 1868 & 2020
We are pleased to announce the historic bathhouse with private spa lounge is now open. Whether you are here for an overnight stay or spa treatment, you’re invited to relax, unwind and reconnect in a setting that has been soothing souls for centuries. This newly reimagined space includes extraordinary advancements including:
- Spectacular Himalayan salt sauna designed to soothe your mind, body and soul
- Eucalyptus steam room with ample seating
- Dramatic glass floor revealing a forgotten spring source
- Oversized lounge chairs that invite you to linger longer
- Exposed stone wall built with materials salvaged from the original bathhouse built in 1868
Historic Bathhouse & Exterior Renovations
- Historic Bathhouse with newly appointed spa lounge, including a Himalayan salt sauna, steam room, oversized loungers and a dramatic glass floor which reveals a forgotten spring source below
- Soothing new foot bath featuring river stone reflexology floor overlooking the inner courtyard
- Deep cleaning of each pool, including renovation of most pool decking
- Rehabilitation of old infrastructure to capture and improve delivery and efficiency of mineral waters to existing pools
Main Bathhouse & Spa Remodel
- Remodeled Main Bathhouse, including new well-appointed men’s and women’s changing rooms
- Expanded, state-of-the-art, eucalyptus steam room and dry sauna accessible for all guests
- Reimagined two-story spa facility, designed as a high desert sanctuary, featuring rich textures and iconic southwest style, featuring fourteen newly appointment treatment rooms