Experience Ojo’s Earliest Days
Plunge into tradition with a stay in our 100-plus-year-old hotel and revel in the simplicity of Ojo past while enjoying the signature amenities for which Ojo is celebrated today.
Historic Hotel at Ojo Caliente
Travelers and seekers have long journeyed to our naturally hot, healing waters, and in the 1800s, Ojo Caliente became one of the nation’s first natural health resorts. Since then, several of our buildings have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including the Mission revival-style Historic Hotel, which dates back to 1917. For 100-plus years, Ojo Caliente guests bathed in the bathhouses rather than in their hotel rooms, and we’ve kept this tradition alive. Each room has an ensuite toilet and sink, one or two queen beds, and vintage furniture and decor. We’ve kept TVs out of the rooms to help keep your focus on rest and rejuvenation in the mineral springs and on the Hotel’s front porch, where you can enjoy the night sky from a rocking chair. Take advantage of complimentary locally-roasted coffee and teas each morning in our restaurant, which is just steps from your historic room. During your stay, keep your eyes peeled around the Hotel for a glimpse at relics and photographs from Ojo Caliente’s earliest days.
Historic Hotel Amenities
Your Historic Room
- 180 to 225 square feet of space
- One or two queen-size beds
- Ensuite half-bath with sink and toilet
- Showering available in bath house
- Blackout curtains for a good night’s rest
- Eclectic vintage furniture and decor
- Access to the hotel’s shared front porch with rocking chairs
- Ojo’s ultrasoft signature bathrobes
- Organic Ojo hand soap and lotion, made in New Mexico and featuring pure essential oils and wild botanicals
- Pendleton Woolen Mills blankets
- Local artwork
- Free in-room Wifi
- Air conditioning
- Iron & ironing board
- Safe for small valuables
- Included with your stay is access to several soaking pools (note that during this limited-capacity, partial reopening, not all communal pools are open)
- Complimentary morning coffee and tea in the Artesian Restaurant
- Acclaimed dining in our Artesian restaurant, which serves farm-fresh fare made with locally-sourced ingredients
- Access to public biking and hiking trails
- Non-smoking property
- Free parking
- Free resort Wifi
Do I need to make a reservation for day soaking?
Ojo Caliente is once again welcoming day guests for soaking and spa services. We are operating at limited capacity. Reservations for spa services are required. To book, call 877-977-8212.
To get the latest Ojo news, subscribe to our e-newsletter.
Will there be construction during my stay?
We are working hard to complete renovations around the resort, and as such, there will be construction noise on weekdays from approximately 8am–4pm.
Which soaking pools are available for overnight guests?
During our limited reopening, most pools are open daily.
Our legendary healing waters are naturally rich in lithia, arsenic, iron and soda.
Guests staying in Posi and Cliffsides suites each have their own private outdoor pool/tub.
Private pools are available to book.
No saunas and steam rooms are available at this time.
Can I get a massage/spa treatment?
The spa is open for all guests to book services. We have a limited number of daily appointments and recommend our guests with upcoming lodging reservations reserve their desired spa servicesat time of booking. To schedule your spa treatment, please review our spa menu and call our reservationists at 877-977-8212.
Is yoga available?
We are pleased to offer complimentary daily yoga for our overnight guests and $20 classes for day guests. Space is limited. Advanced reservation required. Please call 977-877-8212. Each class is 80 minutes. All levels welcome.
Is the Artesian restaurant open?
The Arstesian is open daily for our guests and the public from 7am–9:30pm, with indoor and outdoor dining (weather permitting) as well as takeaway orders. We also serve complimentary coffee from 7am-9am daily.
Will I be able to buy Ojo gifts and sundries?
Our gift shop is stocked with snacks and drinks, mementos, skincare products, apparel, jewelry and more. You can also shop our online store.
Are there age restrictions at Ojo Caliente?
Ojo Caliente does not have age restrictions for lodging or dining.
- Ages 13 through 17 may enjoy lodging and soaking, if accompanied by an Adult 18 and older.
- The Ojo Spa and spa services, are available for guests 18 and older.
- Dining at the Artesian Restaurant is open to all ages
Information subject to change. Please call 877-977-8212 with inquiries.
Unlike many resorts, we do not charge an extra resort fee.
In fact, we’re happy to share the following amenities free of charge.